Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
I'm running Windows 7 on a machine with a passive cooled Gigabyte 9600GT. The card automatically overclocks when under load from 450/750 to about 720/1000, or at least that's what it used to do when I ran Windows XP. Now it runs at 720/1000 all the time, I'm guessing because it uses hardware acceleration to run Aero. Can I somehow make it run Aero on lower clock speeds? I'm probably being retarded about this, but it runs a few degrees hotter when it uses the higher clock speeds, and I would like it to run cooler when I'm not gaming or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU