Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBishop
Sep 30, 2006

I see what you did there...

Soiled Meat
I've had build 7100 installed for a few weeks now, and it's been fantastic. Well, almost.... I've read of others having trouble with power management, and maybe this is related, not really sure. What happens is that if the system is idle for a while (a couple hours at least), then when I try to do something with it it seems unresponsive. In my power configuration, I have it set to just turn off the monitor and hard drives after a while, not to go to sleep. When I move the mouse, the monitor comes back on and I can see my cursor moving around, but Windows is unresponsive to clicks or keyboard input.

Sometimes it will come out of this after a few minutes and everything will work fine, but sometimes I've waited as long as 15 minutes and just do a hard reset to get going again. Note that this is when it's completely idle, if a download is running for example this doesn't happen.

I'm experiencing this on two different machines (my desktop and my notebook), so it doesn't seem isolated to hardware. Anyone else seeing this, know of a fix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU