Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bean_
Oct 6, 2006

by Ozma
To get off the topic currently at hand:

I downloaded 7 today, got it running at around 6 or so. I am in love with it so very, very much. As someone who wanted to love Vista, but had to go back to XP, I'm pretty stoked with what I see so far in 7.

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean_
Oct 6, 2006

by Ozma
I'm trying to pin my music folder to the taskbar. Win7 is pinning my general "Libraries" folder the taskbar, rather than my music directory. Is there any way to fix this and get it to do what I want?

Google doesn't seem to be of too much aid.

Bean_
Oct 6, 2006

by Ozma
Kapinga, while your first option is not quite what I was looking for (the first option was still two steps, and didn't provide anything really useful over what it was already doing) the second step is a good compromise. Its not still not exactly what I was looking for, but seeing as I can click on the toolbar and navigate to exact where I was going to go, its good.

Thanks for the info!

I'm liking Windows 7 more and more. :D

Bean_
Oct 6, 2006

by Ozma

bewbies posted:

Two quick questions about this thing:

I had a virus destroy my computer last week and I've been waiting to rebuild until 7 came out. As such, I'm planning on getting an upgrade version. Will I have to reinstall XP/Vista first before installing the upgrade, or does it have a functionality for a clean install?

Second, how can I install on my netbook with no CD drive?

My fiance just got a dell mini 10v, and this is what we did.

-downloaded iso file from my campus network (provided by the school)
-downloaded an iso reader (daemontools lite)
-mounted the image
-install

It worked fine, no problems whatsoever. I was doubtful, but somehow it worked. :iiam: how windows was able to continue to read the file while installing over itself, but it did.

If you don't have a cd drive, and no image file to go off of....buy a usb cd drive, use it, return it after?