Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
So I just got around to installing windows 7 64bit, it installed fine at first but then I started getting totally random bsods, one which told me that I had a hardware failure (it was referring to my RAM). Little did I know that with some motherboards, if you install Windows 7 with more than 2gb of RAM it can totally freak it out for some reason. It got to the point where I couldn't even boot from DVD to repair it, it just sat there taunting me with "Windows is starting" while I sat drooling staring at the screen for about 10 minutes or so.

Anyway, took one stick of RAM out, formatted the drive and it is installing without a hitch. Apparently this can be a problem with older motherboards?

My question is once it has fully installed and updated will it then be ok to put back the perfectly fine stick of RAM? I assume it is just the initial Windows 7 install that was wobbly with 4gb.

edit: nevermind, the answer is yes. :downsgun:

Holy Cheese fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU