Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
The beta is build 7000 and expires on August 1st, the RC is build 7100 and expires on the 1st of March next year. If you look in the bottom right corner of your desktop it'll tell you which build you're using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Has anybody got Empire: Total War running through Steam? both my friend and I have tried it and get the same problems, the game will start but will either crash to desktop while trying to load a map, or load it but run like rear end with graphical corruption, missing/torn textures all over the place. We're both running 64bit build 7100, both have 8800GTX's and have both tried numerous combinations of graphics drivers. The game runs fine in Vista on both PCs.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Well poo poo, edited for retardedness and lack of reading comprehension.

jammyozzy fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 12, 2009

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Have Amazon and Play.com really run out of pre-order copies already? I got an e-mail from Amazon this morning advertising Home Premium at £44.97, now it's almost £75. I don't like giving my money to Currys/PC World. :(

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Lum posted:

My copy arrived today from PC World.

Sucessfully activated my already installed copy (Ultimate DVD, ei.cfg removed to let me install Pro) using the key inside the box (which I was able to extract without breaking the seal on top too!)

Yay for PC World's incompetence! Their email said it wouldn't ship until tomorrow and would take 5-7 days due to the strikes.

Ditto, except my copy arrived Monday morning for some reason. Still I'm not complaining, PC World have finally done something to redeem my impression of them. :)

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Home premium does indeed come with the remote desktop client, but I can't help with your other two questions.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Cuddly Coach posted:

Is this packaging going to require a FAQ to open like the vista boxes did?

Nope, the DVD case just slides right out of the cardboard sleeve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Yes, you get both 32-bit and 64-bit disks in the box.