Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Am I just a jackass or does anyone hate how expensive windows operating systems are? I'm still rolling around on XP cause I just can't bring my self to drop that kind of cash on a god drat piece of software. Especially when that software is on millions of computers already so I don't see the need for such a high price. I also "need" the best version of it cause I feel like I'm crippling my self somehow not buying the most robust version. Even if I may not need half of the features it provides. I think I am just a jackass...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Is there an easy no fuss way to reinstall a legitimate copy of Windows XP without the original CD? I'm trying to fix an old laptop for a family member but I'm running into problems. I'm not seeing a way to get a clean OS installed without pirating a copy of XP which seems ridiculous. It boots and has access to a CD Drive as well as USB. The XP Home Edition Serial Key is printed on the bottom of the laptop.