Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is there a way to make Media Player Classic not run in "visual impaired" mode or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Casao posted:

Should explain what you mean, because I have no clue what you're talking about.

edit: poo poo mspaint is funny in windows 7..

edit2: And it won't let me remove images I attached? poo poo, I'm sorry.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Casao posted:

Oh, it knocks you our of DWM? It works fine here, use Home Cinema version if you're not, and pick EDR rendering.

Yes, I went and downloaded it. I had no idea it existed since I've used MPC for such a long time. Thanks guys. I also use MPC for everything and VLC if MPC doesn't work on the random oddball files. thanks

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is there a way to bring the icons to windows live like they were in outlook express? I don't really like the text.

edit: It appears not

TLG James fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 6, 2009

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

DeathFlame posted:

Windows Update installed the new ATI drivers automatically for me after install. A little flicker (no restart) and voila, latest drivers.

It upgraded mine, then I ended up having to uninstall them and start over because one of my games would crash when it had a cinematic.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is there a reason why my USB HDD drops my homegroup shares all the time? This happens especially if my HDD doesn't boot until after windows is already loaded.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Lumb posted:

How on earth do I completely disable this annoying taskbar preview function?

I've found 4 separate ways of doing it on several blogs like this: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/06/15/disable-and-turn-off-taskbar-thumbnail-preview-in-windows-7-switch-to-list-view/ .

Problems being

1) gpedit.msc doesn't open (I've been told it isn't available in Windows Home Premium)
2) The registry edit flat out does not work for me
Option 3 & 4 are only partial workarounds

Has anyone successfully done this?

Have you tried this little program?

http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker

Although it looks like it still edits the registry, so you might be out of luck.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I've been trying to hibernate my computer when not using it and when I come back to it, my network connection doesn't work 90% of the time and I have to reboot to make it work. Thus making hibernate useless.

This seems to be a common issue after doing some searching. Has anyone else come across this issue and fixed it?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is Pidgin still the best multi client IM thing to use?

It seems to have stopped working for facebook for me. Like it shows who is online, but it never sends to receives messages. I log into facebook and see that like 2-3 people have messaged me.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is there a way to "reserve" drive letters? It seems like if I stick a USB drive in while windows is booting, it'll override my USB HDD.

My USB HDD is E.

Thumb drive came up as E, and maybe F (one of those ones with autoboot software on it) and it moved my HDD to K. Easy fix to go in disk management and rename it, but it is still quite annoying.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is there any good freeware webcam software out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
What are most people using for firewall/antivirus? I used to use ESET, but I don't have a license anymore.