Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Treytor posted:

This may be the wrong place to ask, but has anyone managed to successfully get Ubuntu 9.04 running under virtual PC in Windows 7?

I got it running on my Dell e1405 laptop without any special settings. Win 7 x64 on a core 2 duo processor. I haven't tried yet on my desktop.

edit: poo poo I didn't read your post, I used virtual box.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
So clicking the start button crashes explorer.exe for me. Everything else in explorer works, I can right click on my desktop and do everything else normally with the taskbar and in an explorer window.

edit: I can even right click the start button, but attempting to open the start menu crashes explorer.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 19, 2009

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
So I'm finally getting around to installing a full version of Win7 now that the RC is expiring. When I do a clean install it will still shove everything into a windows.old folder right? I don't have to do a full reformat?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
How can I look up the actual error code from a BSOD/crash? I have a fresh install of Win 7 x64 and it is apparently blue screening/crashing all the time while I am away from my computer. Before I upgraded yesterday, I had never BSOD'd while running the x64 RC so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

I ran memtest and the windows memory diagnostic thing and there are no problems with my ram, so I have no idea what hardware is causing the BSOD. All I get is the "Windows has recovered from a problem" message after the restart.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
There's also a regular Adblock (not Plus) for Chrome that seems to work better for me.