Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
I have the 7100 RC version of Windows 7 that I downloaded about a month ago. I'm planning to install it on a different partition from my existing XP install.

However, when I try to boot the DVD, the Windows logo shows up, it says loading files, the progress bar gets to the end, then it takes me to this wallpaper-looking screen with a drawing of a bird next to a branch and curvy laser things shooting across the screen. And then... nothing. No dialog boxes, nothing at all. It just leaves me sitting there staring at that wallpaper forever and doesn't do a thing.

What the hell? Anyone know what's going on here?

e: I just verified the MD5 of the ISO and it matches up with what I've found other users reporting online.

Shasta Orange Soda fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

Just keep waiting. I'm not sure what it's doing at that point, but whatever it is takes forever. I thought the same thing you did and almost restarted my computer, but something distracted me for awhile and when I came back it had progressed.

Ah, thank you. After 6 minutes of just sitting there with no drive activity and no CD activity and no progress indicators, it finally started.