Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
So any gadgets that aren't worthless/tacky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

also civ 4 via steam doesn't work with win7 64 :(
I hadn't tried this since upgrading to Win7, but I just fired it up no problem. You using vanilla or BTS? Interestingly, it gave me this message

Despite the fact I'm running well past the minimums.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bobulus posted:

I'm running a dual-monitor setup, HD4870, and sometimes, maybe 10% of the time, that I move my mouse cursor between screens, it graphically corrupts. I'll get a quarter of the mouse cursor repeated four times, or something similar.

Moving it back and forth between monitors usually fixes this, but I'm stumped why it's happening in the first place. SFC says all files are good.
I have the same problem since upgrading to Win7 64, didn't have any issues in Vista64.

If you wiggle it between the screens it returns to normal cursor. I bet it's an ATI thing because I'm using a 4890.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Adams posted:

Could you guys see if the drivers for your wireless card support the Virtual WiFi feature built into Windows 7?
Linksys Rangeplus Wireless USB supports it.
code:
C:\Users\dmastri>netsh wlan show drivers

Interface name: Wireless Network Connection

Driver                    : Linksys RangePlus Wireless USB Network Adapter
    Vendor                    : Linksys,a division of Cisco Systems,Inc.
    Provider                  : Linksys,a division of Cisco Systems,Inc.
    Date                      : 8/26/2009
    Version                   : 3.0.3.0
    INF file                  : C:\Windows\INF\oem23.inf
    Files                     : 1 total
                                C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\netr28ux.sys
    Type                      : Native Wi-Fi Driver
    Radio types supported     : 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n
    FIPS 140-2 mode supported : Yes
    Hosted network supported  : Yes

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Everyday I find something new to love about Windows 7.

At first I thought the green sliver was a graphical glitch, but as it continued to grow, I realized it coincided with the progress of my Steam game download. Pretty snappy.