Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
So I'm not entirely sure if this is where I should be asking this, but does anyone know of a good program for mounting ISO files? I used to just use Daemon tools, but perhaps in all the time since I've last mounted an image, Microsoft may have pumped something out on their own...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Would you recommend Daemon Tools (Lite, as I don't intend to pay for one of these) over the Microsoft branded one? I'd prefer to go with whichever is "lighter," uses less system resources, and doesn't force me to use some lovely UI.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/

This is far superior to Daemon Tools, you just double click an image file and it's mounted. That's it. You can double click it again to eject or right click it in My Computer.

I like the sound of this, but the website makes it seem like it's some reallllyyy shady software...

Would anyone have a recommendation between this and CloneDrive? I've actually heard it mentioned before, so it seems like it's at least somewhat common.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

It's the most unassuming website, how could you possibly think that? It's even GPL.

I dunno, I've just seen a lot of websites that look kind of similar to this one that spout out bullshit spyware-like software. If you're giving it a solid vouch, I'll go ahead and get it though.