Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Looks like there is a new build out 7127.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-7-Build-7127-Is-Live-111552.shtml

No SHA or MD5 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

wolrah posted:

Huh? Mine installed perfectly without any compatibility mode. The only problem I'm having with my G15 is the same one I had on Vista, LCDStudio won't launch on boot as there's some paranoia mode in x64 versions that prevents anything "needing" UAC from launching as a startup app and I can't find a workaround like a whitelist.

You can actually set it to launch via the task scheduler. I have process explorer running like that.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

So I got an email today saying.

We’re sending this mail to remind you that Windows 7 Release candidate is available and to make sure you plan ahead for when the Beta expires on August 1, 2009. On June 1, 2009, the PC you’re using to test the Beta will begin shutting down every two hours.

I checked my winver and it says it expires 3/1/10. Which one do I believe?

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Relambrien posted:

Installing one program and having it throw UAC prompts, then uninstalling and reinstalling it the same way and not having it throw UAC prompts seems pretty flaky to me.

I didn't mean to say that UAC seems to choose when it wants to trigger, but rather that it's extremely odd that a program (in my case WoW) seems to do something different with UAC when reinstalled, even when reinstalled the same way. I know very well this isn't a fault of UAC.

It's not that. Program Files is protected. Nothing is supposed to write there after an install expect for updates. That is what App Data is for. Wow likes to write lots of stuff all the time, so it has to trigger the prompt.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

I actually got a brown screen after i tripped a bit and kicked it. Everything worked fine behind the brown screen but eventually it died and I was sad.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

You can try using Find and Run Robot or Launchy or something like that instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Sizzlechest posted:

Nope.

A little late after the Crashplan suggestion but I am currently using a computer that is backing up to a NAS using the windows backup. I mapped it to a drive letter and it worked fine.

I wonder what the difference is.