Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I'm running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 and for some reason, Windows Live Photo Gallery acts weird on it. It won't show up in the "Set your default programs" list.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

It seems the first promotion to get Windows 7 Ultimate Edition is through Microsoft's Windows Feedback Program.

Anyone who signed up for the Windows 7 Beta Feedback Program is automatically able to sign up for the Windows 7 RC Feedback Program (even if you didn't actively participate in the Beta program). If you use the RC for at least four months and allow Microsoft to monitor your PC usage with their Windows Feedback software, you can get a the Windows 7 Ultimate DVD for free 3 months after the OS is released commercially.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Where are you getting this from? I'm looking at their website and can't find anything about it.

Got it in my e-mail box a few days ago, actually. I'm not sure why it's not up on their site yet.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Mr. Stepmom posted:

I ended up getting a free copy of Vista for singing up for something with Microsoft - anything like this happening for 7 yet?

If you were previously in the Windows 7 Beta Feedback Program, you'll be automatically invited to the Windows 7 RC Feedback Program. If you use the RC for at least four months, you'll receive Windows 7 Ultimate for free three months after Windows 7 releases to the public (so that'd be January 22, 2010).

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I think something got randomly added into Windows Media Player 12. In the Playlist menu, it lists a "Recent 5" there which hasn't been there before. It doesn't seem to play anything and it can't be renamed or deleted.

Does anyone else have this?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Didn't see this here, but those who signed up for Windows 7 RC Feedback Program should be getting their copy of Windows 7 Ultimate Retail sometime after November 24th.

Click here for the full 834x678 image.

I know it doesn't say what it's sending, but the previous e-mail states Windows 7 Ultimate Retail.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

For some weird reason, the Jumplist for Windows Explorer just... broke. Anyone had this problem and managed to fix it?

Nevermind, did some research and found out I had to delete all of the history for pinned items in APPDATA before it would return to normal.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 21, 2009

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Windows 7 RC Feedback programs work on the RTM of 7 because I'm still using the RC but I can get 7 Professional x64 for free from MSDNAA. If I can use the 7 RC Feedback programs on it, it'd be a lot easier.

Thanks.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Just got the e-mail from winpanel@microsoft.com, those who signed up for the Windows Feedback Program will be receiving their copy of Windows 7 Ultimate Retail soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Has anyone else heard the rumors of recent Windows 7 updates leading to system instability?

For the last week or so my notebook is unstable and Firefox and Steam are crashing on a daily basis. BSOD and everything. I wondered if anyone had a link to which Knowledge Base IDs are linked to the problems so I don't have to do a restore or clean install. v:downs:v I tried googling this but the results are vague, I saw a lot of mention on it on Lifehacker and Arstechnica, among others but no details.

Looks like it's http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=977074 according to Arstechnica.

I have it on my RC-running desktop and Win 7 Pro running netbook but I haven't had any issues so far.