Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jayhat
Feb 27, 2008
Just something from my own experience multibooting with the RC that I thought I'd bring up.

If you would rather not use BCD to manage your multiboots, install the RC on a seperate physical device to your grub/lilo/etc install's partition.

Though grub was recoverable after installing the RC, every time I booted into 7 it reset the HD's boot flag to its own partition, meaning that the next time I rebooted it went into BCD instead of GRUB. I couldn't find any way to stop this from happening, so I just installed it on a separate HD and used the bios boot order to ensure that grub was entered first.

Other than that, loving 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU