Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lebubu
May 17, 2008
Whenever I change my wallpaper, the transition animation sort of freezes and the new wallpaper is really, really bright for some reason (reminds me of Oblivion HDR and it literally hurts my eyes). The taskbar and everything else look fine though. This is a pretty recent problem (though I honestly can't tell exactly how recent because this is the first time I try to change my wallpaper in weeks); I tried googling but the only semi-relevant result (unless my search string was retarded) was a Yahoo Answers page where some dude just answers with "use one of the walls that came with windows, they're not that bright".

Any idea what could be causing this? I don't want to re-start my computer whenever I change my wallpaper. Running build 7100.

lebubu fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 1, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lebubu
May 17, 2008
I have a rather strange problem: every time I turn my PC/Laptop on, it behaves as if it's not connected to the internet. I have to enter Device Manager to disable, then re-enable the network adapter for the connection to work. This literally happened with three different specs on two different connections and it's extremely irritating - what gives? I assumed it was a problem with the drivers at first, but 7 downloaded an update just the other day and it didn't fix anything.