Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Network
Sep 17, 2008
I only have 2gb of ram right now, is it worth is to buy an extra stick of 1gb ram so I can run Windows 7 as smoothly as windows xp right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network
Sep 17, 2008

routenull0 posted:

:words:
Other than indexing like what routenu said, what are some other things I should disable after installing windows 7? to increase performance of course.

Network
Sep 17, 2008
Does anyone know how I can change the windows logo on the bottom left of the taskbar? It's annoying when I have a white taskbar and white background, yet there is this little bugger that stands out from everything.

edit: i meant change instead of remove, woops.

Network fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 1, 2009

Network
Sep 17, 2008

Unexpected EOF posted:

...You mean the start button?
Yes, that's what I meant, there are some desktop screen shots where people have replaced the start button with something different, like an all white one, there was one that was just a slash, etc.