Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4 Day Weekend
Jan 16, 2009

Has anyone tried the Messenger beta? Doesn't seem to send messages/show you're online to your contacts. There's probably a better place to ask this but I don't know where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 Day Weekend
Jan 16, 2009

I am online. I can send messages and everythings fine, except people don't get them. Apparently a few people were having this issue, so I'm not sure if there's a fix or something.

4 Day Weekend
Jan 16, 2009

So something is taking up 80% of my (4GB) memory:

I know a reboot would fix it, but is there any way to check? resource monitor gives a similar list to the above, it's not any help. I noticed it just after closing Bioshock 2, since it took a while to close, when usually it's instant.

edit: Gone back to 35%...fixed itself. Was like that for ~10 mins or so though.

4 Day Weekend fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jun 29, 2010

4 Day Weekend
Jan 16, 2009

You can get the isos from here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...d-home-premium/

They're from digital river.

4 Day Weekend
Jan 16, 2009

Sully posted:

I can confirm that streaming MKVs to Windows Media Center on the Xbox 360 works using that codec pack.

It works on the PS3 as well, though it transcodes 5.1 audio to 2.1 unfortunately.

4 Day Weekend
Jan 16, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

Stupid question. Is there any way to turn off the thing where if I move a window to the top of my screen, it gets maximized? Or half-maxed if I move it to the left or the right?

XdN tweaker can do that, plus a bunch of other stuff:

http://xenomorph.net/files/code/vb/xdntweaker/

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What I'm trying to do is play the dvds without ripping them or reburning them. I thought with AnyDVD that ripped them.

DVDfab Passkey Lite is free and should do what you're asking.

4 Day Weekend
Jan 16, 2009

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Your drive is starting to fall apart. Save what data you can and turn it in for the warranty.

poo poo. How can you tell? It's saying "caution" on one of my drives as well:

4 Day Weekend
Jan 16, 2009

Sir Unimaginative posted:

If CDI is throwing a caution (or worse) about anything other than the temperature, you should at least check your cables. (And if it's not the cables, do a full backup and full test to make sure it's not the drive. And then hey, they're less than a hundred bucks for two terabytes, surely your data's worth that much.)

I'm backing up right now, just wondering if there was anything specific.

How can I do a full test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 Day Weekend
Jan 16, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

Hibernation is just a full shutdown where your computer copies the current RAM content on the hard drive; when you turn it on, instead of doi

How about sleep? Doesn't that just keep power to the RAM (which should just be a trickle)?