Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord

Jamz posted:

I'm trying to install the 64bit RC onto a new partition on a drive thats got an XP install and after several attempts I'm still not having any luck. On every
Hardware: [i]
-ASRock ALiveNF7G motherboard (nVidia chipset)
Using your display with DVI connection by any chance? Hook up analog until the install is done and you've installed latest Nvidia driver. Then switch it back to DVI.

Don't ask :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord

hooah posted:

For lack of a better place to put this:
I'm going through my windows.old folder and deleting everything I either don't need or have already moved over. However, I've run into a problem with the SecureROM folder in \AppData\Roaming.

Google "delete securom files", there are instructions all over the place.

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord

Heintron posted:

I donīt know if this is w7 specific but Iīve noticed this now.
Whenever I move things like one folder from a share to another drive a "thumbs.db" file is created and I get a dialogue box asking if I want to move this system file. Itīs really annoying. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? (I use the "details" view in explorer).

Run gpedit.msc and go to User Configuration - Administrative templates - Windows components - Windows explorer, enable "Turn off caching of thumbnails in blah blah" setting.

This seemed to work for me. And it was RC that started doing this for me, build 7057 did not.

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord

quote:

no browser
Ugh, they can't possibly strip IE completely out. Half the applications embed IE to display their help/parts of program window. This can't be more than just cosmetic change. It would break so many things it would be quite funny. Are there any more details on it somewhere other than that vague article?