Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Xeom posted:

I've heard a few people mention it but i cant seem to find out how, Some students claim they have been able to get the student pricing on the full version of windows not just the upgrade.

Some say you have to call the Microsoft store and you may get lucky, but im not really sure what to do.

Has anybody had any success any could lay it out for me.

You cant do it online. You can call in to the MS store (1-877-MY-MS-STORE, I think) and tell them you want to buy W7 with the Student deal but be very clear that you want the full retail version mailed to you. Should cost about 38 dollars with shipping. Just make sure along the whole way and be very clear you want the full retail copy.

KoB fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Super Dude posted:

You shouldn't have any icon in the systray for Office 2010. Also, why is your systray all expanded out like that instead of having the icons hidden?

I know that I like to see all the programs down there, so I make 90% of the programs set to never hide.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The default Windows Photo Viewer doesnt let gifs play, is there a photo viewer that is preferred and is Windows 7 compatible?

KoB
May 1, 2009

m2pt5 posted:

Irfanview.

Awesome, thanks.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Sorry if this has been answered, but how can I disable the different actions when bringing folders/applications to the edge of the screen (maximize/etc)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
My harddrive got corrupted and I'm all set up on a new one. How can I access the user data on the old drive? It tells me Im not an admin and wont let me in. I want to just copy over the appdata so I dont have to set up my preferences all over again.

e: nevermind, figured it out.

KoB fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 19, 2012