Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetrodotoxin
Jul 6, 2009
Seems this is my first post to SA (did not find an "Introduction" section) so, Hello!

Anyways, I would like to ask someone that subscribes to Technet if you have heard or read about a Microsoft sort of roadshow where they will be featuring Windows 7 and also a demonstration of the new Microsoft Office 2010.

Apparently in this roadshow they will be giving the chance of attendees of purchasing a voucher to get any edition of Windows 7 with a very hefty discount of up to 70% (according to the version).

I would apreciate any information regarding this.

And as far as my experience with Windows 7 goes, it has been extremely good and the system appears stable even under heavy load.
The only thing I found annoying amongst others, was the Homegroup having so little settings that does not allow you to fully configure it properly. Perhaps a bug ?
Or if someone sucessfuly managed for it to work, would be nice some feedback.

Thanks!

Tetrodotoxin fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrodotoxin
Jul 6, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Like Mensur said, don't sign your posts.

Haven't heard anything about the TechNet roadshow, but your TechNet subscription actually gives you licenses to Windows 7, and just about every other piece of Microsoft software out there.

Thanks Stanley and Mensur. I posted after carefully reading the rules, and did not find any mention to it, but will adhere to the tip. ;)

Yes it is true that the Technet subscription gives you the licences, but what I meant was that there will be a roadshow ( I think the Technet roadshow is only for subscribers, which wont need the discount anyways) that is for the general public, though with limited seating and pre-booking reservations.

Unfortunately I do not have the magazine with the article anymore, but from what I understood there would be such an event closer to the release of the OS.
Googling brings me no luck either so I thought I'd ask around.

Cheers for the reply though!