Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
what firewall for w7 do you guys recommend? i used comodo firewall but it hasn't been updated for 7 yet. windows default firewall sucks btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suction
Jul 17, 2009
Call me paranoid but I rather have some pop-ups than a malware that my AV fails to detect trying to phone home. =) Thanks will try Vista compatibility mode.

suction
Jul 17, 2009

kapinga posted:

Whoops, didn't know that. How would you set it to block programs unless otherwise authorized like CIS does.

i did some research and found this:
http://www.lockergnome.com/blade/2009/03/09/vista-firewall-allows-inbound-outbound-blocking/

technically it does block outbound connections, but still it does not notify you when some applications try to do an outbound connection (unless i'm missing an option somewhere). so in essence, you can just block everything that isn't on your white list. still it would be useful if there's an option that let you know when it blocks something.