Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
If I have a trial install of Pro, then go buy the Pro Upgrade off the Ultimate Steal site, can I just throw that key in and go about my business, or will it be pissy it wasn't an upgrade install?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is there a way to enable dual monitors where it functions as a separate desktop where I have a hotkey to swap between? I don't like my cursor flying off the side of the screen onto an extended desktop, but I want to use a second monitor.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is it possible to have a multiple monitor setup in Win7 where it requires a keystroke to jump between monitors instead of just stretching the desktop across both?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Nintendo Kid posted:

That seems unlikely, unless you just mean limited time free upgrade programs (like we've had for xp computers bought within a certain number of months before vista, vista before a time ahead of 7 etc)

There was never a Windows 2.5, just 2.0, 2.10 and 2.11 (2.11 being similar in nature to 3.11 vs 3.1).
President of Microsoft Indonesia confirmed (the next Windows) would be a free upgrade, for whatever that's worth.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Jewmanji posted:

But... the metro start screen is itself a launch list/start menu. Why do you need a secondary one? How do you discriminate between what hangs out on the left sidebar and what gets a live tile? It doesn't make any sense, and adds unnecessary clutter to the metro environment. If you need to find a random file or app just start typing...
They're appeasing people like me who hate the entire Metro user experience and just want their Win7 start menu back...and then stapling the metro start screen to the side of that for some reason. I will either ignore or (hopefully) disable it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Nintendo Kid posted:

The normal mode of operation if you don't have a touch screen is to just show a start menu, none of the start tile screen stuff at all.
Yesssssssssssssss