Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
I have a w2008r2 box I need to pass an IP to (other machine is linux) for hosting services.
I tried openvpn - one explicit necessity is that the real client IP is accessible to the windows machine; some clients are IP-whitelisted and it's a custom TCP protocol so things like X-Forwarded-For or equivalent are out. Openvpn results in the same 10.0.0.1 client IP to the server application, blocking anyone from being able to use it.

This has to be done over the internet, they are not on the same LAN, they are not in the same building, the 2008r2 box is behind a NAT, the linux box has 2 public IPs allocated, 1 used for itself, 1 to pass on for the 2008 to listen on.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

space marine todd posted:

The thing is that I'm using an NVME drive I previously used in a Dell machine into a new self-built machine so I want to get rid of all the Dell garbage and just keep everything else (Chrome, Ditto, Listary, Ableton, Steam, etc). Will Reset This PC do the trick?

IIRC Ableton DRM also fingerprints your computer, I'd imagine a new install will make it fail activation

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Avian Pneumonia posted:

I'm interested in getting dubbed spanish content from streaming services but am having a hard time. I downloaded express vpn and have been using the recommended servers but they either can tell i'm using a vpn or do not have spanish audio available. Does anyone have any tips for this? I'm in new york if it matters.

If a streaming service doesn't have dubbed spanish content in the first place then it doesn't help. Netflix for example lets you pick any combination of audio and subtitles you want regardless. Most other streaming services I've seen like Hulu only have an English track

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Toast Museum posted:

How does Windows detect that a call is in progress? e.g. in the sound control panel, there are options for reducing the volume of other apps during a call; what is Windows checking against to determine when to reduce volume? It works when PhoneSvc and TapiSrv are disabled, so it's not those. I'm not sure where else to look.

To be clear, that volume setting is just an example; what I'm interested in is programmatically detecting whether there's an ongoing call.

Does this help?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/coreaudio/using-the-communication-device

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/coreaudio/getting-ducking-events-from-a-communication-device

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
I absolutely love the sheer number of lovely antivirus software that will MITM all your https connections even more insecurely (like accepting expired, bad, invalid certs and re-serving a permanently trusted root CA to the browser), install malware vulnerable injectable/XSSable addons, etc.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

tight aspirations posted:

Wasn't there some av that spied on you and then sold your data, too?

More than one. Avast was the one that also owned a "buy users personal info and browsing history!!!" company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

I have some old SWF videos that I'd like to make into standard supported video files - anyone have a recommendation for conversion? Googling finds lots of results, buttttt I don't trust random software.

It depends a lot on what was inside, some of them just embed a video that you can unpack with JPEXS and just export, but if it's an animation done in Flash and you want a video out of it you're basically just going to be screen recording.