Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Italy's Chicken
Feb 25, 2001

cs is for cheaters
I just upgraded from Windows XP to 7 Pro and kept all my files! It was so much fun... you have to install Vista Business, then Vista SP1, then 7 Pro. Total time: 8 hours! Wow Microsoft, the business community is going to love doing that, especially since you can't do this unattended.

One of the cool new features is that taskbar popup preview... is there any way to make them keep the small preview window up while I continue working in another window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Italy's Chicken
Feb 25, 2001

cs is for cheaters

madprocess posted:

The business community doesn't do upgrade installs, they don't buy upgrade licenses. They do clean installs, usually from a single company standard image.

You had no reason to do XP-Vista-7, You'd do much better if you used your 7 upgrade disk to do a clean install that preserved your files.
When I tried booting to the Windows 7 disc or just running the startup from within Windows XP, the "upgrade" option was grayed out until I installed Vista.

Is it the disc I have or am I missing something?

Italy's Chicken
Feb 25, 2001

cs is for cheaters

take_it_slow posted:

Hey there. Could anyone recommend a good alternative to adobe reader for my pdf viewing needs? (Windows 7)
If you use Google Chrome, it has a built it PDF viewer that's turned off by default. To activate it, type this into your search bar: chrome://plugins/ then scroll down until you find "Chrome PDF Viewer" and click enable.