Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I'm confused about where to ask this, so if there's a more appropriate thread please point me that way...

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64. I have a quit smoking seminar video in .avi format. I want to convert the .avi files to .mp3 so I can burn them onto a CD. The seminar is for my mom, and in skimming the videos I realized she's not going to sit in front of a TV watching a man pace a small stage for 4 hours. Plus, there is tons of desync going on which makes it even harder to watch. The content is really good though, so I want to make it into audio CDs she can just listen to.

So, is there a goon-favorite program for converting .avi ---> .mp3? I'm hoping for something easy to use (I'm bad at computer), and has no spyware or weird crap bundled with it. Free would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

baka kaba posted:

Not sure about a dedicated converter tool, but if you have VLC you can use that - do file > convert, pick a source and output file, and set the profile to the Audio - MP3 one. There's an options button next to it if you want to change some settings (or you can make a new profile to tweak)

Worked perfectly! Thanks.