Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope this is the thread to ask about excel!

Is there a way that I can put a number into a cell, and it will add that number to a different cell? I budget in excel, and I update my spending category as I spend money (money spent on random stuff like a snickers bar that doesn't fit into regular expected categories like rent, phone bill, utilities, etc.). Right now the input for the spending money cell will look something like this:

=100+100+100

to equal $300 spent. After an entire month of random transactions, that gets really tedious. What I would like to do is to be able to enter individual transactions into a different cell, and have it update the spending cell accordingly.

If this is confusing, let me know and I'll try to figure out how to implement screenshots or something into my question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Toast Museum posted:

It sounds like you're asking about the sum() function. Example:

This example sums the entire A column, but you could also specify a more limited range, e.g. =sum(a2:a5)

I can definitely make this work. Thanks!

Morter posted:

Looking for a simple video editor that'll do basic things (trim, resize, add audio, etc) for mp4's recorded by NVidia Experience--they're too big in their raw size. Not sure where to look. Can anyone point me to any?

RIP Windows Movie Maker :(

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you have access to a .edu email (or someone else’s) you may be able to get office for free.