Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

kapinga posted:

You can do a clean install as I mentioned, but the old OS must already be on the computer. Nothing in your quote changes that.

To clarify, you can use an upgrade disc to install a clean install, but the old OS which you are using to legitimize the "upgrade" must be installed on the computer already. Merely having the disc is not sufficient. Note how your quote said running? That's because you actually have to, y'know, run the OS if you want to upgrade.

What about those of us running the RC?

My wife is running Vista Business presently, but its acting so strangely that I want to put the RC on it. Will I be able to use "upgrade" copies to legitimize by RC installs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

I've only read the OP not the entire thread, but has anyone had any luck getting a classic xbox controller to work in 7? XBCD sort of installs, but it ALWAYS complains about the driver not being signed, and I ask to install it anyway but still no love.

I even found some program that claimed to self sign the driver and put me in TEST mode, but that was also a bust.

As I have pre-ordered SFIV on steam, I really need this fixed soon guys, I was being lazy before but now its important!

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

Unexpected EOF posted:

You could just buy a 360 controller? They're superior in basically every way and like $20 for a 3rd party version.

How is a 360 controller that I will have to buy "superior in every way" ? They moved the black and white buttons to a less desirable position for Street Fighter playing!