Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
I'm looking for a PDF tool(s) that do the following (multiple answers are acceptable, mainly I'm seeking the easiest methods):
* Not completely rammed full of nag prompts to upgrade - and really not bundled with unwanted software to catch you Next > Next > Nexting on install. Tsk tsk PDFCreator, this is why this post exists, since I now don't want to use it anymore even if I avoid that.
* Extract pages from PDFs - easier the better, script-ability nice but not necessary. Usually I do this by printing said pages to PDFCreator which I have chided above
* Merge PDFs quickly - currently I'd do that by printing all to PDFCreator then using the Merge function, but that seems cumbersome sometimes - also I've used Cute PDF's online merge tool.

In large part this post is as much method recommendations as it is about the specific tools, those tasks above seem like they should be simpler and I'm doing a lot of them both at work and at home. Open-source and truly free preferred.

(Searched this thread back to the beginning of 2017, but didn't see a clear answer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

The Huge Manatee posted:

Could anyone recommend a free unattended remote access program with a functioning android app?

Chrome remote desktop

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Internet Explorer posted:

uBlock Origin, I believe

Works great on all major browsers and many non major ones.

NextDNS if you want a device, software and usage agnostic approach. I use both (although would use either one alone)