Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unsound Logic
Jul 12, 2002

"Why don't you mosey along, pardner."

- If the OS you're upgrading from is an OEM version (came with your computer and has a COA sticker on the case), you MUST install the Windows 7 upgrade to the computer it was originally installed on. No transfers, you play by the same rules as the OEM version of the original OS.

So I have an activated copy of Vista using the OEM key from the sticker on my laptop. When I get my upgrade copy of Windows 7 I should have no problem then as long as it's being used on the same laptop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsound Logic
Jul 12, 2002

"Why don't you mosey along, pardner."

Shinryu posted:

Do they actually check to see if you're a student, or is this on the honor system?

It's on the honor system...I don't think they would have the resources necessary to sit around and validate people all day. Plus they are getting money from all the new memberships.