Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Is there a partition resizer built in or do I need to find software?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Sort of: you can expand and shrink volumes right from the Disk Management screen, but you still need something else to actually move things around.
I shrunk my c: drive from 60gb to 50gb
I want to expand my d: drive from 80 to 90, but the expand option is grayed out

edit: forgot I had a gparted disc. Its working on resizing.

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 18, 2009

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Woah, I copied my user files from windows.old and just installed firefox and all my extensions and shortcuts are here. Yay!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Does anyone know of a good 64 bit video converter? I'd want iPod compatible mp4 files.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

free bowl of soup posted:

I let it sit once for 15-20 minutes before I gave up.

I tried installing RC1 32 bit on my parents old emachines tower with a 2.2ghz celeron and 1.5gb of ram.
Took 24 hours to install. It kept hanging because the USB ports are busted.

Went back to XP and the machine is good as new.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
My new N97 showed up on the Device Stage. That was cool.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I'm having problems sharing my printer. I have a Home Group w/password set up and and I set it to share.

The other Win7 computers I have wont see it.

Any suggestions?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I have an LCD monitor hooked up to my laptop.
I have Firefox maximized on the laptop and tweetdeck maxed on the monitor.
Is there an easy way to reverse this?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

FISHMANPET posted:

Drag the windows to the other monitor?

This is what I do now, but I was hoping there was some shortcut to make the switch faster.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I have 7 ultimate on my netbook. I'd like to get the $30 pro and switch my ultimate license to my desktop. What happens if I buy it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

univbee posted:

Not really sure what you're asking here, and there are a few variables in play.

1.) You can't "roll back" or downgrade a Windows install without doing a clean re-install. So if your netbook has Windows 7 Ultimate and you want to convert it to Windows 7 Pro, that will require a reinstall.

2.) If your netbook came with Ultimate (as in the OEM sticker on the case says "Ultimate") that license has to stay with the netbook and can't be transferred. If it's a separate retail install it's transferable, though.

It came with 7 Starter. I'll have to make a 7 Pro USB stick and then do a new install, then. My netbook's chipset doesn't support trim, I hope this install wont require me installing Vista again to keep it disabled.

The $30 student deal, what happens after you buy it? Do they email you the license key?