Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarthDommo
Feb 5, 2003

d3rt posted:

before edit: bla bla Flash
Speaking of Flash... I never ever had a problem with it on XP in any browswer and now on Win7 64 bit it runs like complete poo poo and will take up 50% of both processors if it's anything more complicated than youtube. Goddamn that is some annoying poo poo :( I don't know if windows is at fault, or Flash or Firefox.

Maybe they just haven't released the "optimized" version for 7 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthDommo
Feb 5, 2003

Anyone know how to get rid of this awful looking Windows 95 dashed-line selection box from desktop icons? It suddenly started doing this and I don't know why...

edit: Logoff/Login fixed it. Still wonder what made that crap reappear from nowhere though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DarthDommo fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 1, 2009

DarthDommo
Feb 5, 2003

Captain Novolin posted:

Windows 7 runs games perfectly fine. I haven't tried xp on my laptop, but I know it's noticeably faster than vista.
The only issue I've had with games on Win7 is on a couple I have to run as administrator or they lag out or have other issues, Fallout 3 and Diablo 2 specifically. The rest run fine, and I would recommend only running them as admin if they don't work otherwise. Fallout 3 actually runs better in 7 than it ever did in XP.

DarthDommo
Feb 5, 2003

Is there a way to make UAC not pop up every time I double-click an mp3? It's pretty goddamn annoying.

DarthDommo
Feb 5, 2003

No. 9 posted:

"Change when these notifications appear" :ssh:

I did that, however the next lowest setting is "never notify me of anything ever". I guess my anger lies with Winamp for apparently making "changes to my computer" whenever it plays a song, rather than with Windows for notifying me of it. I was hoping a fellow Winamp user had come up with some kind of work around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthDommo
Feb 5, 2003

Swilo posted:

Is winamp already running when this happens, or starting up for the first time? I know there's a setting that checks all your registry entries upon loading for associations and asks you to fix them if they've been altered from what it knew at installation.
That was it, thanks. Posting in case it will help someone else.