Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The Gasmask posted:

In other news, I ordered my copy of 7 Ultimate to go with the PC I built for it. NewEgg says it's shipped, though I don't have tracking info yet. It's shipping from a state away though, so I should see it either tomorrow or Monday.

I ordered the same thing from NewEgg yesterday around noon. I got it today around one. Shipped from NJ (to Mass) and I didn't receive my tracking info until this morning. If you're lucky you'll get it tomorrow, if UPS ships on Saturdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Only downside so far: They changed the menu options in WMP, which means the options to set up video streaming to my Xbox isn't where I expected them to be. Instead of being buried in a menu they are right out in the open in the Library screen. Took me longer to find them because I was thinking they were still out of the way. I'm glad to see they made them easier to find, at least for someone who hasn't used it before and didn't know where it was last time.

Using the Italy theme and tossed in some of my pictures from my trip. Really like how they added rotating desktop background too. The less extra programs I need the better.

And this Internet TV is really neat. I had to restart WMC a few times for it to prompt me to add the gadget though.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

That and how does it know where I live without me telling it :tinfoil:

edit: Well maybe it doesn't because it's wrong.

edit2: Ok I'm real dumb. How do I change the clock and weather location in the gadget that Factor Mystic posted? Cause I can't find it. Unless you can't and he just posted things he made for himself :v:

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 1, 2009

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dickeye posted:

What I do, because I've done so much dicking around with my computers this year, is make a folder with the installers for all my essential programs. So things like Chrome, uTorrent, iTunes, etc, I have right there and I don't have to worry about remembering to install them.

I'm keen to this myself http://ninite.com/

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Factor Mystic posted:

Huh, yeah I guess I haven't written in that option yet. Guess it's going on the todo along with Celsius.

Well the clock fixed itself. It just took a few minutes to sync itself to my computer time.

I tried editing the zip code with the weather gadget. But after I do everything it just shows up as a 0. It doesn't like my zip code apparently.