Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Protokoll
Mar 28, 2003

Here we go Lina.
Here we go Lina.
COME ON, LINA!

glitch77 posted:

Is there any way to play with the XP Mode VM yet?

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I think this is where you download it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protokoll
Mar 28, 2003

Here we go Lina.
Here we go Lina.
COME ON, LINA!
I'm having a weird issue with the Windows 7 RTM. Twice (the first time while I was installing a program and this time while I was loading a web page) the mouse pointer has become absolutely enormous for no apparently reason. It looks completely normal on my second monitor, but on my primary display it looks like a partially blind person is trying to use the computer from across the room.

I've tried Google and every possible setting in Windows but I'm having no luck. In order to fix it, I need to restart the computer. I'm getting fearful that I burned the Technet ISO too fast and my installation is corrupted.

Protokoll
Mar 28, 2003

Here we go Lina.
Here we go Lina.
COME ON, LINA!
My Recycle Bin icon has disappeared. :ms:

I've already tried Personalize -> Desktop Icon Settings and the Recycle Bin is marked. I've gone into gpedit.msc and in User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Desktop I have Disabled the Remove Recycle Bin icon from desktop policy. I've downloaded and executed registry entries that remove and subsequently restore Recycle Bin access to explorer.exe. I've tried navigating to the Recycle Bin in explorer.exe and creating a new shortcut, but when I try and drag it to the desktop it says the source and destination files are the same and it won't let me do anything with the shortcut.

Then I decided that maybe the icon is on the desktop (it says it is in Explorer), but it's out of the viewable area and so I can't see it. I tried dragging my dual monitors around each other (first A around B and then vice versa) -- the icon isn't there. I'm over my head now and I have no idea how to get the drat icon back.

Edit: I'm an idiot and since the Recycle Bin was the only icon on my desktop I didn't realize that someone had unchecked show desktop icons from the View menu on the desktop. Hooray for overthinking the problem and thanks to NFX for getting me to check the view and arrange settings.

Protokoll fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 17, 2009