Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Is there anything I can do to get OpenGL drivers for my Radeon 9700 Pro AIW? ATI doesn't have them available for cards that old and I can't get XBMC to run with the Microsoft drivers. I really don't want to go through the trouble of doing a clean install of XP now, but I'll have to since the computer is worthless without that program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

incoherent posted:

You can still run vista drivers in windows 7.

Ok, but I can't seem to find the Vista driver by itself. If I select the catalyst drivers from here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.23&lang=English it only gives me the option to run an .exe After I run it the program just tells me it didn't install the drivers. So I uninstalled the microsoft drivers and used the standard vga. Then I go to the directory ATI installs, and the only .inf I can find to install manually are for Radeon HD cards. It's like they uploaded the wrong driver package to the site. The file is called 9-3_vista32_win7_32_dd.exe, which seems to me like the wrong thing since the only cards the will let you download the Windows 7 drivers for are the ones that appear on the list for the .inf files I found.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

osigas posted:

ATI are not updating their "legacy" (all cards before their HD range) card drivers as frequently anymore.

On Win7 x64, the Catalyst 9.3 drivers didn't work at all for me. For my old Radeon x1600 card I've had to use the Vista x64 9.1 catalyst drivers for the latest DirectX games but for older games (like CounterStrike, Quake etc) that only really support OpenGL rendering get the 8.9 catalyst drivers.

I installed the Catalyst 9.1 and I'm able to use XBMC now. Thanks guys!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
What's a good, simple utility I can use to monitor cpu temp in 8.1?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Cool, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Severing posted:

Personally I'd just start over from scratch again after backing up the important stuff to a large capacity hdd.

Installing Windows takes hardly any time these days.

I'd consider it a downright pleasant experience.