Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I'm sure this has been covered, so please forgive me. Will I need to use a floppy disk and hit F6 for my RAID0 array to work during install, or has Microsoft finally paid attention after 6 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Here's another quick question--I have an ABit motherboard in my system. Abit no longer exists, and as such, they aren't releasing any updates. Can I assume that most Vista 64 drivers will work in Windows 7?

I also seem to recall Vista natively having drivers for my motherboard's (IP35 Pro) network adapter. Is it likely that Windows 7 will contain these drivers as well?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

redeyes posted:

You should be just fine. Find a comparable ASUS board, and try the drivers for it if you need them. Other than that 7 is great at having built in drivers.

Sweet. Browsing some other forums, the consensus seems to be that I should be fine as far as network drivers go in the 64 bit version.

Another silly question--Is it still necessary to install INI software manually these days, or will the OS take care of it?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Is anyone having any issues with IDE devices used via JMicron PCI in Windows 7? Currently my DVD drive works but device manager lists the JMicron onboard PCI device as unknown, which is annoying. If I install the latest version of JRaid my DVD drive doesn't work at all and the unknown device is still there. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this (aside from getting an SATA drive)?

Other than that everything is working pretty well. It's really an annoyance more than anything.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 2, 2009

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I just figured it out. The device in question is Abit's Uguru utility. Installing the software for it fixed the problem. Everything is running smoothly now.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Now that I have everything set up, can anyone recommend some swank new features I should be using but probably don't know about?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Are there any downsides to using windows update to install new drivers for my 8800GTS? I'm pretty lazy when it comes to doing it manually, and it'd be nice to have windows do it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Is anyone using the Windows 8 developer preview? Is there any reason to switch over aside from curiosity? Do windows 7 drivers generally work with windows 8?

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 21, 2011