Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

big mean giraffe posted:

Because they weren't full of any malware and you could check the hashes against what people who had officially downloaded it posted to verify it's authenticity.

Plus it downloads faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Argila posted:

this might be a dumb question: can I duel boot this? or does it need to have a previous os to install over?

you can dual boot it, just install to a separate drive or partition

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Warthog posted:

Hmm I'd like to have the task bar at the right side of my screen and the start button at the bottom - isn't that possible out of the box?

Nope, it isn't, but it should be.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Ignited posted:

What do you mean? My if I have an XP home key that Windows 7 will only allow Home Premium? This laptop I think was only made around the time of SP1 XP... its oldddd.

No, just make sure the key you have matches the version of XP that you download. Windows 7 doesn't give a poo poo which version of XP you have.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

The Wonder Weapon posted:

when you preorder, do you have to pay the full $50? Can I just put like $5 down and pay it off when it comes out?
Read your post again. Think about how little sense it makes.