Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namlemez
Jul 9, 2003
What do people think about the usability of this on an older PC?

My desktop is an Athlon XP (OC'd to 2Ghz) with 1GB of RAM and a Radeon 9800 Pro. I'm still rocking Windows XP and it works fine for my purposes. I don't play many new games - C&C3 Red Alert worked fine though if I played with the settings a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namlemez
Jul 9, 2003

ol qwerty bastard posted:

I tried out Irfanview, but it wasn't quite what I wanted either.

I'm looking for something that lets me bypass this interface entirely:

So that for each picture I literally just have to load it into the scanner and press a button. Even in Irfanview's "batch scanning mode" (which is admittedly handy for automatically saving the photos to a specified folder), it still makes me preview the image, set the size, and set the DPI every time.

I think on some scanners that's what the TWAIN driver looks like, so regardless of application you get the same thing in the end. You may need a scanner better suited for bulk scanning.