Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tropical
Aug 14, 2003
Ahh say whut?
I'm having trouble getting my Microsoft USB Bluetooth transceiver working in Windows 7. I can't get it to run in Bluetooth mode - it's instead running in wireless mode which means I can connect my current wireless/bluetooth keyboard (as a wireless device) but I can not connect my new bluetooth-only keyboard.

It seems like there is no working Bluetooth stack or something - I don't see any Bluetooth options in the Control Panel or in the Device Manager.

Does anybody have any tips? I'm running Windows 7 RC (build 7100) x64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tropical
Aug 14, 2003
Ahh say whut?

Thermopyle posted:

If I recall Windows has never had a BT stack. You always have to install the drivers for your BT devices.

TBH, I got tired of all the lovely BT implementations on Windows and gave up on the whole thing.

Hmm.. my new keyboard is a Microsoft Mobile Keyboard 6000 and it didn't come with a CD.

I tried installing the IntelliType Pro 7.0 software and it picks up my old keyboard properly. When I go to the Keyboard applet and click on the Wireless tab there is some Bluetooth stuff there with 2 buttons - "Connect" and "Advanced". If I click "Advanced" I can select to use either software Bluetooth mode or hardware Bluetooth mode; it always defaults to "software" and if I change it to "hardware" it loses connection to my old keyboard and I can't sync it. There's something going on where my transceiver doesn't seem to be able to run as a Bluetooth device and I can't figure out why.

tropical
Aug 14, 2003
Ahh say whut?
I bought a new router and have decided to clean up my network stuff a bit. I setup the router to always assign my wired PC the same IP - 192.168.1.100 - but it looks like my PC used to connect to my old router on 192.168.1.107. Now it's always connecting to my new router on 192.168.1.107. When I do "ipconfig /all" on the command line it says "IPv4 Address .... 192.168.1.107(Preferred)".

Is there a way to reset the preferred IP so my computer will start taking the .100 IP from the router? I'm running Win7 x64 Ultimate.

tropical
Aug 14, 2003
Ahh say whut?

Swilo posted:

What's your router's DHCP range? You shouldn't be trying to force IPs from within that, most start at 50 or 100 and run at least 50 above.

The router is setup to give out .100 to .108. I ended up just leaving my computer at .107 and modifying my port forwarding on the router to send stuff to .107.

Funny thing, I just reinstalled Win7 tonight on my new SSD and the first thing I did was check my IP... 192.168.1.107. I dunno what it is but my computer likes that one :D