Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide
First time I've ever had to ask for trouble shooting help so here goes. My Windows 7 install just got REALLY screwed up. My old motherboard is dead so I can no longer boot from that machine. However, I really, really, really would like to get my old pictures back from the My Pictures folder under my user. I tried hooking it up to my Windows 8 machine that I just built but it won't let me access that folder because of user restrictions.

Is there any way I can get those pictures back? It's like 10 years worth of photography. :(

EDIT: nevermind I figured it out. I just live booted Ubuntu from a usb stick and copied it over that way. I was in panic mode there for a second.

ACoolT5 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU