Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
Is there any decent way to get virtual desktop support in Windows 7?

edit: I also noticed my boot time got really slow (seems to hang on the Windows splash screen during boot) after I installed my video drivers (Catalyst 9.5) - anyone know why?

supster fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 30, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
1) Do you mean taskbar previews? There's a registery setting for that. It's in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Mouse/MouseHoverTime - default is 400ms, set it to whatever you want (I use 100ms).

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
Anyone having problems with scrolling with the scroll wheel? It seems like my scroll wheel is too sensetive and a lot of times when scrolling down it will scroll back up a tiny bit at the end as my finger readjusts and slightly moves the wheel in the process.

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
Click on "System rating is not available" and rate the system. It will turn Aero on for you after you do that.

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
Is there any shortcut to open up the taskbar preview pane for the current window that is focused? Kind of like an alt+tab but just between windows of the current applications? This would be so immensely useful.

edit: found ctrl+t - I can scroll to my taskbar item and then user arrow keys to navigate the preview... it would be nice to do it directly though.

supster fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 5, 2009