Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?
i want to change, all at once, the extension of my m4v files to mp4, so windows 7 can thumbnail them. how do i go about doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

PopeOnARope posted:

If they're all in one folder, use Infranview's batch function. That's how I clean up entire dumps of TV serieses. Just make sure that windows is set to show the extensions of known file types, or it may not work. It does function well. For example, a show usually comes in as

s01e09.faggypants queef party.dvdrip.ac3.groupname.avi

I tell infranview to take the string s01e and replace it with 1. Then, I tell it to take the string .dvdrip.ac3.groupname and replace it with nothing. Finally, I tell it to replace any . it sees with " - " . After a brief period, I have a folder full of these;

109 - faggypants queef party.avi

Now you go and do that with 130 episodes, by hand, and tell me you stay sane.

And what if they are scattered over hundreds of directories? I am looking for something that will let me select the parent directory and change all .m4v files in each subfolder to .mp4, while keeping the rest of the filename intact

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
Windows 7 has been occasionally crashing when I'm away from my computer. Is there any software or tool I can use to read a crash log to determine what's causing it to (presumably) blue screen and restart?

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003

Rekkit posted:

Windows says it's not genuine. It was genuine right up until a couple of days ago. What's going on? :confused:

This happened to me a couple weeks after I had to replace my motherboard and I had to re-activate via the phone.

If the automated phone thing isn't working, and your key is legit, I think you'll have to speak with an actual person.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003

Sniep posted:

Lumb, i've also had problems recently with sleep in windows 7, my netbook used to sleep happy as a baby but now every time i close the lid it blue screens.

Nothing's changed other than windows updates as far as I know, but if anyone else has similar experience I'd love to hear it.

I had this exact problem with my laptop. I had just installed the Connectify beta, and after uninstalling it, sleep didn't blue screen.

My guess is some lovely drivers you just installed, or maybe the battery isn't pushed in all the way.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
Is the general consensus to avoid codec packs? Is it better just grabbing ffdshow tryouts and Haali?

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I can't seem to get my Thinkpad Power Manager to show up in the taskbar. I'm only getting the Windows battery icon.

The Power Manager software is installed and "show battery icon in taskbar" is checked. Any ideas? This is on a new x220 with Windows 7 Professional x64 if it makes a difference.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
Is there anyway to hide a partition in Windows? My Lenovo Recovery partition is visible in Explorer, and it'd be nice if I can hide that.

EDIT: Thanks!

Satire Forum Mom fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 28, 2011

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
Where can I find a x64 builf of Haali? I found a x64 version of ffdshow tryouts, but Haali only has a download link to what looks like a 32 bit build.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003

c0burn posted:

The official site?

19/12/2009
New Features:
Added a 64-bit version

http://haali.su/mkv/

The installer includes both.

Thanks. I guess my problem is with my config settings and not the fact that I don't have the x64 version.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003

Tom Foolery posted:

I had a windows OEM installed on this craigslist computer I purchased, and the license recently lost its validity or something. It was fine for awhile and now windows pops up all the jazz about the license being invald. Fine.

I'll just buy a new license. But, looking on Amazon and college store sites, the non-oem licenses run for 200 bux a pop. Is there a place where most people buy licenses for windows for cheaper than that? Or should I just accept this price.

Try the phone activation. This happened to me once, and I had to go through the mostly painless phone activation to get Windows to recognize my key. No idea why it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
What's the best PDF editor? I'd love it to be free but I'd pay a small amount if it's good. I love Sumatra for viewing PDFs but now I need to edit them regularly.