Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Any ideas on phantom three-dings repeating while the pc is idle? Google searches just relate to the bios and startup error beeps. Not tied to any action or user input, just sitting there and three dings. Could repeat every couple minutes over the course of an hour then nothing for five days.

Some apps are running so I thought maybe a low memory error but task manager says otherwise. I also thought maybe some hardware was failing but assumed the bios startup would detect that first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Uthor posted:

I'm assuming that it doesn't sound like a USB device getting removed?

(my work PC would beep at me and it ended up being the USB hubs built into the monitors disconnecting when they went to sleep)

Definitely not the usb sound. If you go into the sound settings it's the one named Windows Background.wav, just the generic windows 10 popup sound. But always three together.

Cardiovorax posted:

Check the manual for your mainboard model, it'll tell you what the beep codes mean. There's usually a list somewhere.

Dumb question but wouldn't those be POST codes that come across as system beeps on startup? Can those come across the system audio after the OS is loaded?