Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absinthe
Jan 9, 2004

mofmog posted:

I have speakers plugged into the back and that worked for a while but now suddenly Windows 7 seems to think they aren't plugged in anymore? The login screen plays the theme music so I know the speakers are plugged in right, but as soon as I get to the desktop the sound just dies. Anyone getting this?

Do you have more than one sound device? I have a USB audio device and on onboard sound card and Windows 7 seems to pick one at random on boot sometimes. Even after setting a default.

And since I brought it up...

Has anyone found a good configuration/driver for nforce2 motherboards? Specifically the audio.
I let windows update install the realtek ac'97 and I have working sound but it's poppy and crackly.
It skips the most often when un-minimizing windows and during a lot of typing.

Absinthe fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absinthe
Jan 9, 2004

Anyone else having problems with Flash/Hulu? I'm trying to watch Arrested Development on Hulu and it just freaks the gently caress out a few minutes into the episode and my screen gets all...pixelated? I have to hard-reboot to do anything. It was working fine until the last few days. I haven't changed anything!
Firefox 3.5
Flash 10r22
radeon 4670, latest win7 driver.