Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Anyone else having the strange problem of not being able to delete files off of their hard drive? This particular drive I am having problems with is a raid0 setup, and I think it has something to do with permissions.

I've tried changing permissions, but it just goes back to read only, I can't change it. Whats going on?

The only solution seems to be rebooting, and sometimes it takes a few reboot to get it working. Again, I can see the drive just fine, I just can't delete things off of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I've been having a weird problem of late, or I've noticed it lately. I have 4GB of ram and it seems that It fills up really fast and stays filled until a reboot. I can't firgure out what would do this.

I only have firefox, NOD32, daemon-tools, running at any one time.

This never happened in Vista, and I am running pretty much the same setup. Is this a known win7 problem?

Femur fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 17, 2009

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

Possible troll bait, but, you actually want your RAM filled up. Win 7/ Vista do a good job of caching stuff they think you might need/want in RAM.

Yeah but loading new programs seem to be slow, and computer would get sluggish at times, despite being relatively new build(1 yr).

The only programs I load regularly are Zoom player and Foobar, but they both seem slower than normal to me, definitely not faster. It would actually get to a point where I can't load programs because it gives me an out of memory message.

Femur fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 17, 2009

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Femur posted:

Completely default other than minor appearance stuff I guess.
Tried closing every program except the basic windows stuff and it runs at 77%. Gonna just try a format I think.

vv I don't see anything, here's a screenshot: image

Femur fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 17, 2009

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Kameleon posted:

But I have so much RAM I don't need a swapfile!!!

I have a 8gb one. I had always set it at 2x physical ram?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I am having a problem deleting the files from an old windows installation. It is on a separate drive than my current windows installation. I am using an admin account, and I've tried every ownership property I've been able to google( taken ownership as admin and as user, cmd takeown command). But I cannot delete the files at all. It says "you require permission from MYPC\My user," I am logged into that user right now. Is it just impossible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
Did Windows 10 remove the option to right click on the start button and select control panel? It seems to have disappeared from mine, and I don't know if this is one of the last few updates or something I did?