Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I'm not sure if I should post this here, but I've never had this problem before and thought it might be Windows 7 related.

I just bought a new hard drive and was planning on backing some things up and going from RC 64 to Professional 64. I put the new hard drive in the second slot of my laptop and Win 7 is failing to find drivers for it to work. I am able to see the drive fine in my bios. I tried updating the drivers from device manager which wasn't able to find any drivers either.

Am I just retarded or does this have something to do with Win 7? I've never had a hard drive that wasn't instantly recognized by windows. The old and new drives are Sata 3Gb/s drives. I checked both gateway and western digitals website and neither have drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU