Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Charles Martel posted:

Who actually does this?

People who are about to have a party for a launch of a computer operating system, that's who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

Touche. :golfclap:

But seriously, has this been fixed yet? Anybody with Windows 7 and a CRT in the house?

I had to do some fuckery to get the the login screen properly detected on the crt instead of the LCD. Even though I still can't make my CRT monitor monitor-1. The steps I went through was reinstalling graphic driver and unplug the LCD during the first reboot.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
To anyone who loves the new, clean wmp interface while playing a video but hate how it always re-sizes to some tiny window when you start a video:

quote:

1) First I opened Windows Media Player from the Start Menu.
2) From the File menu, I clicked Open... then navigated to an .mp3 file (I would think any audio file format should work though).
3) After the music started, on the View menu I clicked Now Playing (which should switch you to the "mini player") then I turned on the Visualizer.
4) Next, I resized the player, clicked on Full Screen and exited. [Note. If you have chosen 'no visualization', then the player will exit full screen a few seconds after you full screen it, just alt+f4 it quickly after you click 'full screen]
5) Now when I start a video file it starts with the player window the same size and place I left it (before clicking Full Screen).

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I've looked in the OP and dug around the thread a bit, but can someone post the codec/media player setup that will allow you to play just about everything? I remember MPC-HC was mentioned but I am not sure which codec to install etc.