Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself
So i've been running the original win 7 beta since release without issue, only of course now that beta release is deactivating so im trying to upgrade to 7100. Only issue is when I start setup I get an error that says something along the lines of "Windows cannot find a space for temporary file, please clear at least 800mb from your boot disk". This despite there being about 400gb free on my main disk, and at least 100gb free on the others. Halp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

Is there seriously no way to disable "Always on top" on the taskbar? I really dont like the Autohide option :(

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

Hey so this thread is 240 pages long. Is there anywhere on microsofts website to download a version of Windows 7 Home Premium N? My dvd got trashed in a house move and I don't want to download some shady warezed all in one nonsense which is all I seem to be able to find on torrent sites.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

Does anyone happen to have a link to a spiffy official full Windows 7 ISO download from Microsoft? Searching the torrent sites only brings up cracked versions and to gently caress with that. I've tried downloading a few times from various sites and always get a "This is not a valid iso" when attempting to burn a boot USB key.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

Medullah posted:

Digital River is the official Microsoft site that has them.

Here is an article with links

Dammit, thats the one that keeps erroring :(

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

Basically the issue I am having right now is that Windows refuses to reinstall, I have the drivers for my SATA controller on the USB pen drive with the installer and when I tell Windows where they are it finds them, looks for a bit then says nothing found. This despite the system actually being able to see all my drives (When I hit browse to find the drivers I can see all my hard drives listed). Its basically this issue here : http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/14831-63-windows-driver-install and I had tried every suggestion from every website I can find to no avail. Windows installed FINE the first time I installed all this hardware, I have no idea what could be causing this besides a hosed up download. Any ideas would be welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

Sir Unimaginative posted:

I don't know if you're having the problem I had, but I found out Windows 7's installer cannot see USB 3.0 controllers (not really a surprise, but the failure state makes no sense until you realize it). Before you ask, it doesn't matter if the stick itself is USB 1.1; it's a problem on the controller end.

Find a USB 2.0 port and plug the install stick into that, then try again.

This was the issue, thanks a million.