Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cacahuate posted:

I guess the time has come for my Windows 7 evaluation copy to expire. It's started nagging me about making a backup of all my files before I won't be able to access them in 14 days. Is there anyway to buy a license and just activate the system I'm currently using? I don't want to have to start from scratch again, I like the way I have things organized right now.

If this is not possible, what's the simplest way to buy Windows 7?

Same scenario, but, I don't mind a fresh install as long as it doesn't mean "total disc format"

My issue though, is I have the ult RC, but can really only afford/really only need professional, which just happens to be what my school is selling for dirt cheap. Will I be able to clean install 7 pro over 7 ult RC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

LooseChanj posted:

You won't be able to "upgrade", but yeah you can install a clean version.

That's awesome, thanks.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ok, fresh install, so far, so good. But it seems the taskbar is different than the RC. I was able to specifically leave IE pinned, but able to set it so it did not not to group but, I was able to allow other programs to group if I so desired. It seems I'm all or nothing now, any way to change this?

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 16, 2010

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Maybe this isn't the right thread for this (and if not I'll happily be pointed in the right direction) but do you guys have any idea why the "share calendar" button isn't showing up in OWA? We just moved exchange e-mail in-house and it's great for local users, and while remote users are able to get shared calendars, they can't send them out. They aren't using the light version, if that helps.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Are they opening OWA in Internet Explorer? There are a bunch of options and features that don't work in other browsers.

Yes, but perhaps not a new enough version, I haven't really forced updates out at that location.