Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Ok so I'm looking to buy Windows 7 to install on an iMac I ordered. It's just solely for playing the odd PC game and using Steam, is everything I hear about Windows 7 running stuff faster than Vista true? Or would I want Vista/XP to get games running best?

Apologies if that's a dumb question, I just remember when Vista came out and people were complaining about the performance drop from XP, so I just want to be sure before purchasing. I'm looking at buying Windows 7 Home Premium, does anyone know of any issues/problems when installing it on iMacs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Apologies if this is a silly question but the little blurb on it in the OP left me a bit confused so I figured I'd just ask quickly in the hopes of a speedy answer. I just bought Windows 7 to install on my iMac and was wondering, after I have done this would I be able to also install it on my Laptop (replacing Windows XP), or can you only install it to one computer? I'd have thought it wouldn't be an issue since it's 2 computers in the same house, but I'd rather check beforehand anyways just in case.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

It looks like the A/V Arena subforum was closed at some point, so I figured this might be the best place to ask? I was wondering if anybody could give any suggestions for free software (for Windows 7) that could be used to merge subtitle files (.srt) with video files (.mkv/.mp4/.avi) into one single file?