Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Sorry to throw out the thread-too-long excuse, but after running searches on "disconnect" for the first and last 20 pages, I can't find any discussion - barr the first page - about this random network disconnect thing.

I've disabled the power down option in their propeties but it's still occurring now and then, is anyone getting this and is there an explanation/fix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Relambrien posted:

On the new computer I just built, I would randomly drop connection occasionally. I fixed this by rolling back the onboard network card's driver to the version that came with the motherboard, instead of the version that you get from Windows Update. That may be worth trying if you haven't done so.

Seems to be working, haven't disconnected all day.

Cheers.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Not sure if this is really the right place to ask this but does anyone know of a good way to sync audio to video in a reliable way? I'm fiddling with the audio time shift in media player classic, measured in ms, trying to get it right but I just can't seem to. The screen I use to watch stuff on always seems to be somewhere between 50-110ms out but I just can't nail it down.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Gromit posted:

I can't really help you, but when it comes to syncing audio keep in mind that there are times when they are out due to differing framerates between the two. I mention this as it sometimes isn't as easy as delaying one stream by x milliseconds as the drift will increase over the length of the video. Is your desync shorter at the start and longer towards the end?

I know what you're talking about, but no, everything is typically out by 70ms, the setting I've always used on that screen. I've just been watching some older films lately and I just can't get the audio to seem right.